There’s a better way to create meaningful social change.
Six 90-minute sessions February - March '23|
Communicating for Influence & Impact
The way we communicate determines just how much traction we can get with fundraising, media interviews, and through event presentation. Join this six-session series and elevate the way you and your team are communicating internally and externally to have influence and impact.
Time & Location
Six 90-minute sessions February - March '23
About the event
“The way we communicate determines just how much traction we can get with fundraising, media interviews, and through event presentation. Join this six-session series and elevate the way you and your team are communicating internally and externally to have influence and impact." - Salvatore
This workshop will offer non-profit leaders an opportunity to elevate your communciation, from one-on-one conversations to panel discussions to fundraising or pitch presentations.
Communications expert Salvatore Manzi will lead us through this engaging, interactive and fun series of workshops to improve our communications skills for influence and impact. Salvatore is bringing his 20+ years of experience coaching executives at Facebook, Airbnb, LinkedIn, Cisco, Blue Shield, Twitter, Dropbox, Microsoft, United Way, State Farm, Habitat for Humanity, and many more to our network!
- Module One: Beginnings. Participants will learn and practice a repeatable strategy for opening any talk (conversation, pitch, media interview). Focus will be on clarification of one’s point and opening with a four-step formula to ensure audience engagement and buy-in.
- Module Two: Leadership Presence. Participants will learn and practice methods for demonstrating visual and energetic confidence. Focus will be on high and low status markers and rewiring old conditioning and mindset.
- Module Three: Voice. Practical session on expanding variations of voice. Focus will be on developing more range in pitch and tempo while also playing with volume. Voice is one of the most profound ways to make an immediate improvement in one’s communication.
- Module Four: Storytelling. Participants will learn the key elements of stories and how to include simple brushstrokes to enhance data points. Focus will be on compiling a personal list of stories, metaphors and analogies to use in talks.
- Module Five: Effective Meeting Facilitation. Learn powerful methods for conducting online meetings, presentations, pitches, fundraising events. Tools to heighten engagement and best practices for creating effective participation and learning.
- Module Six: Navigating Q/A. Participants will learn and practice methods for handling questions, even the tough ones that come from left field. Focus will be on navigating crisis communication as a foundational formula as well as simple tools to ensure rapport is built no matter the question’s intensity.
Fridays 9-10:30am PST:
- Session 1 - 2/17
- Session 2 - 2/24
- Session 3 - 3/10
- Session 4 - 3/17
- Session 5 - 3/24
- Session 6 - 3/31
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes